EnergyCare are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
EnergyCare may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
For us to be compliant we need to let you know about the personal data we hold about you, our legal basis for holding it and how your personal data is used.
As a customer, we need to hold personal data relating to you and your order. This information allows us to provide support, help and other services (such as warranty claims) in the most efficient manner.
We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal data to ensure continuity of service and supply and/or to provide you with information on relevant products and services unless you object to us doing so. We will not sell, lease or trade your information to any other parties for marketing purposes.
Our lawful basis for processing your information is ‘legitimate interest’. We have carried out a ‘Legitimate Interests Assessment’ and followed ICO guidelines to arrive at this decision.
- Name, job title and contact information including email address.
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. This may include details of any benefits being received by the household.
- Details of your order.
You are not required to provide to us any of the personal data described above, however, if you do not do so, you may not be able to access or purchase our products and services, or the functionality of our products or website may be reduced.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- Enable our provision to you of our goods and services.
- Internal record keeping.
- For Grant-Funded work, perform the checks required of us in order to access the grants on your behalf
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may be required to share your information securely with:
- Regulatory bodies
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
Can I find out what personal information EnergyCare Group holds about me?
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have access to that personal data and request that it be corrected if it is inaccurate. Individuals can find this out by making a ‘subject access request’. If we do hold information about you we will:
- Give you a description of it
- Tell you why we are holding it
- Tell you who it could be disclosed to, and
- Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form
To make a request for any personal information we may hold you need to put your request in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to: